Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Milano


We flew EasyJet from London Lutons on July 30, 2012 and landed in Milan Malpensa 5:40 p.m. The bus from the airport was 15 euros and it leaves every 20 minutes. It took the bus about 40 minutes from the airport to the center of Milan. From there it was a 15 euro cab ride to our hotel.
Idea Hotel Milano Watttredici was in a shady looking neighbourhood. There was tons of grimy graffiti. We were staying there from Monday, July 30 to Wednesday, August 1. The receptionist was a really tan brunette with huge fake boobies, and fake, french manicured nails. We checked in, got up to our room, and couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on in the room. We asked each other if this was some sort of joke. I even turned my flashlight on, and finally, Kiani called the fake tittied receptionist and asked her how to turn the lights on. Her response, "You have the put the key card in the wall, Madame." No one told us how high-tech Europe was...sorry for living!
We were starving and tired, as per usual, and found a bar/restaurant across the street, Enoteca Boscogrosso. Their kitchen had already closed, and the staff didn't really speak much english. We were famished, and ordered whatever they had available. my friend's salad was HUGE and so was my salumi and cheese platter. We never finished it, but suckered down the bottle of Falanghina. We were just grateful for food at that late hour...The staff actually sat down and chatted with us haha. We told them we loved carbonara so they said to come back the following night and they would make it especially for us, it wasn't on the menu.

A hot hot blonde babe wanders in and my friend Kiani and I both want to be her friend. We end up chatting and she buys us all rounds of Limoncello, and invites us to hang out by the pool in her Villa the following day. We stumble home to the hotel a short while later.
Hot blonde babe's boyfriend texts us the next day on behalf of his girlfriend, that she is not feeling well and that the pool would be postponed. Kiani had left to wander around and I slept in. She was waiting around the Duomo and I took a cab to go meet her. Somewhere in between her texting me, and me getting to the Duomo, she had dropped her iphone and the screen had gone blank. I sat down on the steps in front of the church and looked around for her, then looked to my right. She was setting not too far away, on the same steps. Close call! We decided we wanted to climb to the top of the Duomo, and it costs 6 euros to climb the 250 steps, and 10 euros to take the elevator. 
Later that evening, we head to Enoteca Boscogrosso, and true to their word, our spaghetti carbonara is waiting for us. Hot blonde babe is there as well, and she picks us up at our hotel the following day after we've checked out of our hotel. We lounge by the pool at her Villa in Zibido San Giacomo for several hours, sipping on prosecco that her father produces! She says she would love to have us stay at the Villa, but it is unsafe. There had been a few robberies in the area recently. All the Italians had left to go on vacation and robbery was skyrocketing.
Hot blonde babe, Isabell, had promised to make us the best carbonara ever. We stayed at her apartment in Milano for the next 2 days. Her carbonara was truly the best I've ever had. I think she was a socialite, and an ex model. We found an old magazine ad she was in...I've never ever met such a hospitable and generous person in my life. When she picked us up at our hotel, she brought her car, and her boyfriend drove separately and stashed our bags in his car...her car was too small she said.
Isabell and her boyfriend, Mario, introduced us to all their friends, took us sightseeing, and made us feel so at home. We saw Castello Sforzesco e Fontana, Le Colonne, where we visited a few bars,  and La Hora Feliz, where we had happy hour. There was a huge buffet at La Hora Feliz. Basically you buy a drink, and you can load up on as much food as you can fit in your belly!!! I've never seen anything like it. My favorites were the croquettes and the prosciutto wrapped melon. I think I ate the entire tray of nutella cookies.
Isabell made our visit to Milan one that we will remember for the rest of our lives. She invited us on a lake excursion, but we rented a Smartcar and drove to Lago di Garda (Garda Lake) instead.
We did a pitstop in Verona and couldn't figure out what the parking signs meant. Wandered around for a bit and Kiani and I got sidetracked and separated by the Arena, but found each other again. We sat down for dinner at Ippopotamo, and I asked the waitress if it was ok to park where we parked. She shook her head and said I should move it or be slapped with a 30 euro fine. I got to the car and luckily, there was no ticket. I moved the car to the street with the giant clock tower, and ran back to eat my lasagna. There was a cold stone gelato shop attached to the restaurant...I think we ate gelato twice a day, every day the whole time we were in Italy.
We jumped in the car and made our way toward Venezia...


No comments:

Post a Comment