Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Paris

We flew EasyJet from Ibiza and landed in Paris, Charles De Gaulle Airport on July 20, 2012 at 11:10 p.m. EasyJet is Europe's budget airline, and the prices are so low because they don't include checked luggage. You are only allowed one carry on bag and it can't weigh more than 10 kilograms! It's 15 euros to add one checked bag online and 30 euros at the airport, which I ended up having to do. We took a cab from CDG airport to our hotel, which was in Clichy. The receptionist took a liking to my friend, and told us he'd be off in a bit if we wanted to grab a bite to eat with him. We dumped our backpacks off, freshened up, and met our friend, I forget his name?! He was Russian, but lived in Paris, and he took us to a doner shop down the street. He was nice enough to pay for our meal.

Aside from beautiful architecture and delicious food, we found Paris a bit boring. We managed to scrape by not speaking a lick of French, but Parisians are hardly warm and comforting as a whole...We managed to do everything on my mental checklist: The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, The Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame, and Champs Elysee. We also found a French Army Museum.
We had never been to Paris before and had no clue where to stay. Clichy is in the buttfuck of nowhere, so we relied on taxis to get around. I think we took the subway a few times too, but it was rather confusing, as we didn't know where the fuck we were. We spent a total of 4 days in Paris, which was plenty for us. We really couldn't wait to get the fuck outta there.

There were several cafes near our hotel, and all of them had really good food. L'Industrie Cafe serves a mean omelet, even if the staff is a bit smarmy, and Les Deux Coupoles where we dined twice, because we loved the food and the friendly staff so much! We both had the fish of the day the second time we were there and it was so yummy, served with a side of fettucine. The desserts there are decadent!
I didn't start drinking coffee until I set foot in the EU. Espressos are always served with a small cookie or a chocolate in Paris. What a nice touch! I also didn't consume much booze up until we got to France., but enjoyed a glass of wine or two every day, for the most part. The only mediocre restaurant we tried was Pizza Pino. We were starving and drunk and we asked our cab driver where there was a late-night restaurant. It's a pizzeria, how bad could it be, right? We asked the waiter what his fave pizza was...When it came out, we looked at each other inquisitively. It was barely edible, and not cheap. Our other interesting encounter was the cabbie who we told to wait for us as we raided a mini mart for snacks. He not only didn't wait, but gypped us of our change!

One evening, we were having a lengthy dinner at a cafe, Le Roussilon. My appetizer was bone marrow, and my entree was salmon tartare with frites. For dessert we shared a tiramisu, and it left something to be desired. Everything else was good though. I love European cafes and restaurant because they actually encourage loitering! We camped for a long time, meanwhile making full use of the free wifi. I got up to use the bathroom and bumped into a really cute, tall Aussie. I ran back to Kiani and said, "Wanna meet my new friend???" She thought I was joking...He ended up buying us drinks, and we head to his hotel with him, The Pullman in Bercy. He had to grab something from his room, and afterward we went with him and a friend of his to The Frog in Bercy Village. He buys us a bottle of Bordeaux, which I was supposed to share with Kiani, but guzzled on my own, haha. He goes to the bar and returns with wooden boards holding several shots of beer. Beer sampler boards!!!! I think Kiani got paddled with one of em.

Long story short, I ended up going back up to the Aussie's hotel room with him (What WAS his name???). His pristine white bed must've looked like a crime scene in the morning because it was that time of month for me. Oops. I went and grabbed Kiani in the hotel lobby where she had been waiting for me, and we made our way back to our hotel in Clichy. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment