Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Dimsum and my lack of chopstick handling skills...

It's truly embarassing how horrible I am at being Asian. I mean, aside from my fondness of photographing my food, and the slight slant of my eyes, I really don't play Asian very well.

For instance, I couldn't for the life of me pick up my shumai today. The tripe also slid right out of my lame chopstick grip and landed on the white tablecloth. Splash and skid. I saw the chinese waiter snicker at me. I ended up stabbing the shumai in the middle with one chopstick and proceeded to smother it with hot mustard and chili paste, and then chili oil. Disastrous. At least i managed to get most of the food in my mouth...Eek!

I am proud of myself for one thing though, I didn't over order today. Normally the entire table would've been covered with little round metal tins and none of it would've gotten finished. I did walk over to the Empress Pavillion take out shop after I was done at their full service restaurant and ordered goodies for later. Egg custard tarts, ohhhhhhhhhhhh...








No comments:

Post a Comment