Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2012

One day, I want to be able to look at a glass of wine, and not analyze the shit out of it

I think the Court of Master Sommeliers has taken the joy out of drinking wine, at least for me. As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't even drink for sport anymore, only for educational purposes. Sad, I know, but true...

The wine is clean, clear, day bright, with light gold highlights and is of medium intensity. Primary colors are a pale yellow core leading to a watery rim. Medium viscosity. There is no presence of gas or sediment. On the nose, the wine is sound with youthful aromas of meyer lemon, grapefruit rind, and, white peach. Other aromas include white flowers, yellow flowers, and slight green note, hay, and for minerality, limestone and wet river rocks. No presence of oak usage, probably stainless steel fermentation, or if oaked, in a large neutral barrel.

On the palate, the wine is bone dry. I confirm all fruits, all non fruits, and all minerality. The wine is sound, but at this point, I AM NOT!!!

The aforementioned is precisely what I do with each and every glass of wine I happen to have in front of me, usually in my head, but sometimes, out loud, depending on the circumstances.

One day, yes, one day, I will enjoy a glass of wine again, simply for what it is. That day is NOT today. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment